I love this blog for the simple fact that not only can I update everyone on how we are doing and what we have been up to, but also for the simple fact that I can take this and have a written record for us to look at years from now. I love the fact I can see what we did during a month or what one of us accomplished or what milestones we went through that year. I also love the fact that when one of the boys does or says something cute there is no way that I will froegt it or lose the piece of paper that I wrote it down on.
That being said, Alex and I had a conversation that even when I told Alan about it, he said that it was blog material...I agree!
So friday we are driving home from school after I picked him up. I asked about his day and what they did and I got the average response of fine and nothing...no suprises there. Then he says to me in all honestly that he would like to marry a little girl in his class. After his telling me about his impending marriage I told him that you needed to be an adult to get married. He then replied with, "Well mom I am 6 now."
I let him know that "you have to have money though to be able to buy a house to live in and you wouldn't be living with mommy and daddy anymore." I thought that this would get him....but no...He then let me know that "I guesss I will wait until I am 7then." I let him know that this sounded like a good idea. Later that night at dinner we discussed his marriage plans a little more with Alan. We asked Alex how he planned on supporting her and he said that" I will just kiss her and love her."
"But Alex you cant be kisssing the kids in your class."
"Mommy I can if I am married to them."
Got me there.
We finally convinced him to wait until he is 7 and then we will talk more about the subject and Emma. I am sure by then that a new "crush" will come along and we will convince him to wait until he is 8. God love him though...and I love the fact that one day I can share this with his kids about their daddy and his first "crush".
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I love this blog...and Alex's marriage
Posted by Heather at 7:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment