Yes people....its up...and it's not even Thanksgiving, but gosh how I love it. The tree is up, the stockings are hung and hot cocoa is brewing. :) This past weekend we put the tree up. The boys had a blast putting up all the ornaments on the tree and I love how excited they get to see the ornaments that they have made over the years. Our tree truly is a family tree that consists of ornaments that I made when I was little and ornaments that hung on the tree when I was growing up and also the ones that they boys have either picked out or that they have made for us. And the tree itself isn't the best looking tree either, but it's one that was used by my grandparents at their house. It's the tree that I remember always being decorated and filled with presents at their house at Christmas time. There are so many memories that flood back whenever I even glance at the tree.
And I must give thanks to Alan who took the initiative to hang the outside lights up too. And no we were not the first people to hang theirs up. We would never ever do that! :) So we waited until atleast 2 other people had theirs up. I did have to take down the fall decorations though the next day. Looked a little funny with the lights up and the scarecrow standing in the corner. There is a limit to our madness.
After the tree was up and the hot cocoa was drank the boys decided to take empty boxes and fill them with toys from their closet and then come out and "open" them up in front of us by the tree so that we could see what they got from Christmas. It was so cute. Good night with great kids.
Here are some of the pics from our decorating.
Our littlest angel putting on the angel that my grandparents used on their tree.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Oh Christmas Tree
Posted by Heather at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment