On the 18th of this month our little Addison turned 6 months. I cannot believe that she has been here for 6 months already. We have all been truly blessed by her tiny presence. I have seen a side of Alex and Blake that makes me so proud to be their mommy. They show me everyday what great daddies they will be one day. They are so gentle loving and playful with her. We do not have to ask for help from them...they are right there with any whimper that she has and are so attentive with her. She is in love with them and vice versa. She will just sit and stare at them while they are playing. Alex loves for her to be in her highchair while he reads to her and shows her the pictures. :) Such a sweet boy. And Blakers will sing a song and make funny faces to make her laugh. Such a sweet family I have.
Here are some things she is doing now at 6 months:
-She is eating solids now. She started on vegetables and fruits at about 5 1/2 months because the formula alone wasn't cutting it anymore. We have been through all the stage one foods, so this week we are starting her on stage 2.
-She still wakes up a couple times in the middle of the night. All she needs though is her pacifier and she will go right back to sleep.
-She is rolling from back to belly and belly to back.
-She is trying her hardest to sit up on her own. I think that she already would if it weren't for the large melon that she is carrying on her shoulders. Yes she has the Meers large head too. The boys have all grown into theirs so I am sure that she will too. If I just keep putting big bows on it maybe it won't look as big! :)
-She is slightly spoiled, but is getting a little better. She loves to be enteratined all the time. This is all of our fault though. When you have mom, dad and 2 brothers doting over you 24/7 this is what you come to expect all the time!
-She is the happiest baby. I had a lady at the boys school ask me if she is always that happy. YES! She loves people. One of the questions the pediatrician asked me is does she recognize mom and dad....YES! And then is she cautious of strangers....NO! Right now at this point in her life she will pretty much smile at anyone and love to be with anyone that loves on her. She loves to give people smiles and lights up with her big blue eyes!
-She is off of her acid reflux medicine and seems to be doing well. She still spits up what seems like tons, but we know its not. We at this point need to pack extra clothes for us to chnage into when she spits up and not her. She has a great knack of leaning over when she feels something coming up to make sure that she keeps herself dry, but will spew fountains over anyone that is holding her. She learned this quick!
-She weighed in at 18 lbs 15 oz
-She was 25 3/4 inches long
-She can still fit into some of her 3-6 month clothing but is mainly in 6-9 months now.
And the kicker of the day....Addison has no hair. She is starting to get peach fuzz in. The boys were the same way though. They didn't grow hair until about the age of 1and from what I am told I didn't grow hair until about age 2. So we are sitting in there and she just keeps looking at her head. I am sitting there worried that something is not right with her head and she is just trying to find the words to tell me. Then she asks me if I shaved her head! I busted out laughing. The way her hair is growing in it looks like a little crew cut and it is pretty uniform. I told her no, but laughed about it the whole way home.
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
-- Elizabeth Stone
Here are some pics of our cutie patootie Addison!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Did you shave her head?
Posted by Heather at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment