Saturday, September 20, 2008

Please return in original condition

I must admit that Kindergarten has been a huge adjustment for all of us. I have to wake up earlier which I am so not liking and actually be pulled together and functioning before the sun is even up. The one though that has had the biggest change is Alex.

He wakes up this ball of sunshine. He is happy with the world, is eager to start the new day and is smiling and happy. I am however wondering what they do to them when they are at school...for when I pick him up he is not the same boy when I dropped him off. He is cranky, moody and irratible. I know that he is just so tired. You can see it on his face and in his body. He has that "glazed" over look like any second he will fall asleep. I know that they are busy and that Kinder is not like when I went and we played in centers for most of the day, then had snack and then a rest time. They are working these kids. He comes home with info in his head that I have trouble putting my mind around. He is reading some books already and is so proud of himself...I would however love to be able to tell them when I am dropping him off to please return him to me the way that I am giving them to him. :) We are blessed though that he has a great teacher who seems to be wonderful for Alex.

Blake has been doing great in Pre-K and is happy to be the big dog on campus this year. He is starting to write his name and has been learning letters already. He loves his teacher Ms Traci who was also Alex's teacher last year. She is amazing and we all love her. Blake talks non stop about her. Alex even asked him the other day why he talked about his teacher so much....cause we love her thats why! Last week he even had a first...his first kiss. This is his fourth year in the same class with this little girl and from the time that they were in the baby room they were inseperable. Well he walked right up to her in chapel of all places and gave her a smooch on the lips. So cute...we had to remind him though that we cant walk around kssing our friends...just give her a hug next time.

Besides that all is well. Mom comes on Monday for some interviews here. We are so excited to have her here for however long that may be. We wish her nothing but happiness and selfishly wish that she found hapopiness here in SA or close by so that we could have more of her time. We all miss her so much when we are apart. We need our Nena!

Alex crashed after a long day at Kinder


Our superhero Blake doing a superhero flying move

0 comments: