Monday, August 11, 2008

The countdown begins....

I have been dreading the start of August....because when August starts that means that summer is almost at an end and when Alex will be off into the big world of Kinder. I am excited for him...sad for me that my baby is growing up and "moving" into a new phase of his life. He will be on his own in a big school without Blake or I with him. This scares the living crap out of me!

I am not going to get too sappy though today, because I am sure there will be that ONE BLOG where I break down and all emotions come pouring out. Not today though....today I will be strong and think happy thoughts! :)

Yesterday was another fun filled day at 6 Flags....I swear the kids could live there. After 6 flags we came home and rested, got some lunch and then rested some more. So hot to do anything during the day except swim. So last night we went to Hemisfair Park. For those that don't know its a wooden playground downtown by our convention center. The boys had never been so we headed downtown for some late night fun. They had fun playing and we walked by the convention center which has waterfalls and a large hill that was screaming for the boys to roll down. So they rolled and we left only to have Blake scream half the way home that he was itchy from the grass....last time he rolls in the grass thats for sure without a bath readily available to wash him off after.

Fun was had by all though and we marked one more day off of our end of the summer calendar...countdown to school....

Waiting for the swing


Thinking about life at the end of the slide


Rolling


0 comments: