When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart.
-Author Unknown
Today my sweet Addison turns two months. It is going by so fast! She had her two month shots today and weighed 10 pounds 12 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. She is getting to be a big girl. Still the smallest out of the kids though. She was in the 50th percentile for her weight (unadjusted for her birth date), 30th percentile for her head(unadjusted) and 40th percentile for her length(unadjusted). She is now smiling which is always a bright spot in our day, is getting more control over her arms and legs and can help to hold her head up now. She loves taking baths and I think she would sit there for hours and let me pour the warm water over her. I could just eat her up after bath time when she smells so sweet! :) She is so much more alert now and scans the room for people when she hears them. She has a death grip and is a super strong girl. We have noticed that she may have some acid reflux so she is going on a prescription to help her with that, but besides that she seems to be progressing great. The Dr. said that since she was 5 weeks early that some things may take a little longer then we may have noticed with the boys, but by 6 months they expect them to be almost caught up.
Addison is loved by all of us so much. I love to walk into the room and see Blake catching a peek of Addison with a smile on his face. He is now starting to give her kisses on the cheek and touch her little feet. He has been the slowest to warm up to her. I think that there was intimidation with him because she was so small and had to be in the hospital. I think he wanted to make sure that she was going to be ok first. Alex is still infatuated with her and tells me all the time that he always wanted a little sister. He is a little confused about the whole gender thing though and asked me how I knew that she was a little girl and not a little boy. I explained that she did not have the boy parts but had her little girl parts. He sat there for awhile longer and then asked me if I was sure. lol...pretty sure honey! We are blessed to be her family.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Slow Down Little Girl...
Posted by Heather at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment