Thursday, March 25, 2010

We're Back...UGH!

Yesterday after taking in Addison to the pediatricians we were readmitted to the NICU. After weighing her at the pediatricians they took her temperature and realized that it was very low. Her initial temp was 96.4 and then they checked it two more times and it was 94.3 and then 95.4. Too low so they called the NICU and they had to readmit her. I know that she is in a good place that can monitor her and that there are worse things that could be wrong, but as a mother your heart breaks when you have to take your child to the hospital to have them stay. They had to place her in a closed isolette where she stayed until tonight. She has done good maintaining her temp so tonight they moved her to an open crib. YEAH! They have run every single test known to man and thank goodness that everything has come back negative and normal!! I am so happy that she is doing so great.

I long to be back at home with the boys and Alan and Addison. We keep saying that this isnt the way it was supposed to be, but God had different plans and he knows what is supposed to be and what we can handle. I am drained though. I want normalcy again and I want my family all under one roof. I want to be able to relax and not worry about what I can't control. I am thankful for all of the prayers that have been lifted up for our family. They have been what has kept us going and the strength when we thought there was none. I am thankful as I look around the NICU that Addison's problems pale in comparison to some of the other babies. There are some that have been there for months and my heart aches for their mothers and fathers. I am thankful that we will get to take our baby home in a few days while they will still have to wait, maybe even months to have their babies at home with them.

I thank God for Addison and her ability to be a fighter and thank you for my family that has been supportive through all of this!

0 comments: