Monday, March 30, 2009

A post with no pictures...boring!

As I have mentioned before this blog will serve as a memory reminder for Alex and Blake when they get older as to what we did when they were growing up. I saw a cool thing today where you can actually take your blog and they put it into a book with pics and all and bind it. This would be so neat. I dont scrapbook so this is it....

So much has happened in the past couple weeks and I have no pictures to post today but some will come later. So I recently turned 30, or as I am choosing to call it had the first anniversary of forever 29. Why is it so hard to accept not being in your 20's anymore anyway? I hear women all day saying that they were happy to be turning 30 or even 40...I think they may be in denial...just a hard pill to swallow, but I am thankful to be 30 and have a great hubby and 2 wonderful healthy kids...guess I can't complain.

The other big news is that Blake is in leg casts...yes both legs have a cast up to his knees. Many of you already know that for the past 2 1/2 years Blake has been in and out of P.T. and Orthopedic Surgeon appts for idiopathic toe walking. All this means is that he walks on his tip toes and they don't know why. He has tight heel cords, but no one knows whether they are tight because he walks that way or he walks that way because they are tight. Either way...it was cute when he was little, but he doesn't seem to be outgrowing it and P.T doesn't seem to be helping so he is now doing serial casting. This is where they bend his foot back and then cast it in that position to keep the foot stretched and to stretch his heel cords. The next week they remove that cast, bend the foot a little farther and then recast. This is our 3rd week and next week will be his final cast that he will wear for 2 weeks. He has done wonderfully and we have seen so great improvements. The first week he got a blue and red cast, which he kept and are on display in his room. :) Second week he got a green and yellow one and this week they are both glow in the dark. I am hoping this doesn't cause a problem at school when he invites everyone into the bathroom and turns off the lights so he can show them his casts! Everyone in his class now wants casts, but for Blake the novelty has worn off. The first week he thought they were cool...last week they were o.k....and this week...well he didn't want to go back at all. It's hard for him to see Alex doing so many things that he can't for awhile like running, jumping on the trampoline and others. He will spend Easter and his 5th birthday in casts which sucks even more, but the alternative, which is surgery, is a lot worse that this small hurdle.

And last but not least Granddad is out of the hospital and is doing ok. He is at the Havens and seems to be tolerating it ok. This will be his new home. It is an assisted living facility for people with Alzheimers. They know him there and take good care of him when we aren't there. He is on the road to recovery and will be surrounded by his family and that's whats important.

Pics to come a little later of Blakers in his casts...

0 comments: